7 1 2 - 8 5 2 7
While most payment processing services concentrate on credit cards and ATM machines, Atlas Payment Processing prefers to push the envelope and offer its customers more than they expect. One such option is Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT); a system used to transfer government benefits from a consumer’s federal account to a retailer’s business account.
EBT has become the mandatory method for the distribution of cash benefits and food stamps in the United States, which benefits you because the system is faster and easier than paper food-stamp transactions with much less chance for fraud.
What is EBT?
- EBT is used in all states to issue food stamp benefits to recipients.
- Many states also issue cash benefits such as TANF using EBT.
- Recipients are issued an “EBT Card” similar to a bank ATM or debit card to receive and use their food stamp and/or cash benefits.
- Benefits are automatically deposited onto the card by the State.
- Recipients with cash benefits can use their EBT Card like cash for purchases and cash-back with purchases at grocery stores and at most ATMs (automated teller machines).
- Recipients with food stamp benefits can use their EBT Card for eligible food purchases at most grocery stores and some other retailers. Food stamps can only be used for food and for plants and seeds to grow food for your household to eat. Food stamps cannot be used to buy:
– Any nonfood item, such as pet foods, soaps, paper products, and household supplies, grooming items, toothpaste, and cosmetics.
– Alcoholic beverages and tobacco.
– Vitamins and medicines.
Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) has many benefits!
- Replaces paper food stamps and checks.
- Safer and more secure than carrying cash or checks.
- Faster payment.
- Convenient and easy to use.
Apply Now for a merchant account and with our assistance, start accepting EBT payments today!
©2017 Atlas Payment Processing. All Rights Reserved.
Atlas Payment Processing is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, CA